Perfect Family Tales And Other Trivia

The art of the short-story writer is that of the cartoonist. It is the magical craft of creating entire worlds with a few simple strokes of a pen. Tales told by an idiot? Maybe! But my tales are also a mix of reality and fantasy; truth and lies; some based on my own family; others, not. Readers must guess which characters are real; who are inventions - and who are an amalgam of both. Please draw the boundaries for yourself.

Friday 14 December 2012

‘A Flasher’s Foreword’

Five.Minute.StoryAs this is the format, I’ll be brief:

 

With thanks to my parents, without whom I would not be possible.

To the Web, lacking which, this publication would be  impractical, nigh well improbable.

Then you, my three readers, who find my stories ludicrous, even farcical.

Forgetting neither my publicist who ties my lips tight, nor Levi Strauss whose apparel keeps me well buttoned and solidly zipped.

Last but not least, there’s our fine borough council, which  offers companionable solace at  public convenience.

From me and the boys who keep hanging on: For this relief, which beggars belief, much thanks!

Natalie Wood

(Copyright, Natalie Irene Wood – 14 December 2012)

4 comments:

John Wiswell said...

A very cordial five minutes!

Natalie Wood said...

Ha! N.I.W.

Katherine Hajer said...

Loved this! The last line was great finale -- loved the internal rhyme.

Natalie Wood said...

Thanks so much. N.I.W.